The Gambia has only ONE public library in the entire country.
- Access to technological resources
- Access to books, reference materials & educational resources for all
- Written & oral history
- A space for community events & programming
- An opportunity to learn trades & job skills
- A resource center for entrepreneurs & startups
GOALS BY 2022
- 1 million visitors within Gambia & beyond
- Training for gainful employment to 50,000 youths
- Space for 10,000 meetings & study sessions
- 1 million library books & media resources
- Over 100,000 in-library computer sessions
HOW TO GIVE
PO BOX 70817 Madison, WI 53704
The Kanifing Municipal Library will provide a safe space for students to study & offer learning resources that will complement pupils’ learning in schools. Without this, pupils will struggle to compete globally.
In the municipality, there is no public library where children can go and educate themselves. I am very excited about the impact the Kanifing Municipal Library will have on the education & well-being of children & youths.
– Kanifing Mayor Taleb Ahmed Bensouda